Seven Best Headlamps for Camping
Camping is one outdoor activity worth looking forward to, and you have to have all the necessary supplies to make it absolutely enjoyable. If you’re planning on going on a camping trip, you would need a good source of light after sunset. It sure is never fun fumbling and tottering around in the dark while searching for something or simply trying to find your way to the restroom.
While flashlights are essential, headlamps have proven to be a better, more useful choice for a camping trip and many other situations. Here is a list of 10 best headlamps for camping to help you narrow down your options.
Note: As always, our table above provides a quick overview of the products in this roundup. If you are on mobile, you can scroll right and left to look at all the features of the table. If you do not see a table above this post, it means that it is not up yet and we will put it up soon.
1) LE LED Headlamp Flashlight, Headlight with Red Light, Water Resistance, Adjustable for Kids and Adults, Perfect Head Light for Running, Hiking, Reading, Camping, Outdoor and More, Batteries Included
- Lamp head 90° adjustable for oriented lighting
- Three AAA batteries included
- With two loop buckles and two adjustable buckles: maximum circumference measurement 21.6in/55cm;
minimum is 13.7in/35cm
- Four lighting modes
- Wattage: 1 watts
- Type of Bulb: LED
- Product Dimensions 5 x 3.4 x 2.8 inches
- Item Weight: .25 lbs
If build quality, weatherproof feature, and brightness are your top criteria, this LED headlamp by LE surely fits the bill. Shining a good beam distance of up to 20+ ft on its brightest setting, this makes for an excellent light source around the campsite and in the tent. And if you ever end up in an emergency situation, simply flip it to the flashing red LED and you have a beacon that can last you even for days.
- Splash proof
- Beam distance spans up to 20+ft on brightest setting
- Bright, useful light
- Superior build quality
- Wide illuminating area
- Head strap is steady and secure
- Foam padding makes it comfortable to wear
- Easy to use even when you have gloves on
- Good value for money
- Multipurpose/ versatile
- Needs supplementation especially for intense detail work on very dark corners
- You would need a screwdriver when replacing the batteries.
- Red LEDs tend to blink
- Tilting mechanism has only three settings.
Though lightweight to many, some reviewers find this headlamp heavier and bulkier compared to those from other brands. But with how useful it can be not just for camping trips, but even for cave splunking adventures, outages, and home projects, you can never go wrong with this product. This is most ideal for people who are on a shoestring budget but need good, hands-free lighting all throughout their camping trip. After all, getting one that is more expensive doesn't guarantee better performance and longevity anyway.
2) LED Headlamp Flashlight - Great for Camping, Hiking, Dog Walking, Kids, One of The Lightest (2.6 oz) White Cree Headlight, Water & Shock Resistant + Red Strobe, 3 AAA Batteries Included
- Color: White/Green
- Light Source Type: LED
- Four settings: low beam, high beam, red flashing, red beam
- 3 AAA Duracell batteries included
- Money-back Guarantee
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 2 x 2.7 inches
- Item Weight: 0.25 lbs
You only have two hands. If you've ever trudged a narrow path in the night or changed tires in the dark, then you know how difficult it is to hold a flashlight on one hand and get stuff done on the other. While the market is replete with headlamps that promise to solve your dilemma for such situations, most of them are too heavy they can give you headache when wearing them. This non-bobbing, very lightweight headlamp by Shining Buddy can give you the long-lasting comfort and superb lighting that you need to make you enjoy your nocturnal adventure.
- Ultra lightweight
- Superior battery performance-- lasts up to 100,000 hours
- Secure, non-slip strap
- Lasts up to more than 12 hours of continuous use
- Adjustable strap fits adults and children alike
- Heavy-duty and durable
- Unbeatable value for money
- Very bright light, ideal for camping, night hikes and descents
- Easy to operate
- Red night visibility-saving and red strobe settings
- Battery button tends to be flaky
- Wide reflection arcs that appear around the peripheral regions of the spot where the light shines on can be distracting
At a price this is being sold at, you might expect something to last merely a few months at best and offer so-so lighting. You'll be wrong on both counts. This is a comfortable, superior-quality headband that promises and delivers a very strong light, which make it highly recommended not just for camping trips, but for various situations.
3) LED Headlamp Flashlight, Lufei LED Super Bright Head Torch Headlight - Ultimate in Camping headlamps & Great Addition to Camping and Hiking Equipment
- 350 Lumen beam lights
- Digitally-regulated output
- Military-grade Aluminum Alloy 500 Range
- 4 AA batteries required
- Zoomable lens (x1 to x250, to x500, to x1000 and to x2000)
- Light Source Type: LED
- 100% lifetime guarantee
- Money-back guarantee
- Product Dimension: 3.7 x 5 x 10.1 inches
- Item Weight: 1.05 lbs
Keeping your hands free while lighting the trail on your way to your campsite is a must. Sure, that flashlight duct taped to your head might be a wallet-friendly option, but that can only do so much. This LED headlamp by Xtreme Bright flaunts a revolutionary breakthrough in outdoor gear technology. Its unique, versatile design allows you to use it as a handy bike headlight and as a reliable light source for camping, biking, jogging, and many other outdoor activities. Its digitally-regulated output provides up to 25 hours of consistently bright lighting.
- Light has an adjustable push-and-pull zoom feature
- Powerful; impact-resistant
- Battery pack comes in a clever design: rubber-like cover that slips over the batteries
- Topnotch packaging
- Easy-to-adjust head straps
- Design of head straps distributes weight of headlamp evenly
- Fares well in rain and in storm
- Lack of detailed instructions
If you love to camp and go hiking at night, this headlamp is extremely useful. Add this one to your camping supplies, and it will come in handy one of these days. With the amazing adjustability of its light-- like how you can set it to illuminate a larger area and narrow it down to a more specific location-- we recommend this to any camper without reservations.
4) VITCHELO V800 Headlamp Flashlight with White and Red LED Lights, Super Bright Head Light & Waterproof, 3 AAA Batteries Included Best for Trail Running Jogging Camping Hiking Hunting Reading Mechanic
- Adjustable Beam
- Six levels of lighting mode
- Comes with a soft, strong, comfortable, elastic head strap
- Two separate buttons for red LED and white lights
- Color: Orange
- Light Source Type: LED
- Three AAA batteries required and included
- Lifetime warranty
- Product Dimensions: 2.4 x 3.2 x 5.5 inches
- Item Weight: 0.13 lbs
Whether you plan to head into the wilderness or hike the Appalachian Trail, this headlamp/flashlight from Vitchelo will give you the most of what you need (a bright beam and reliable outdoor gear) and the least of what you don’t (especially high-quality optics) for a reasonable price. Fully dimmable and easy to use, it comes with red and white LEDs that can be controlled with two separate buttons.
- Red LED can be used for reading, not just for flashing or emergency purposes
- High beam distance spans as far as 360 ft
- Great value for money
- Excellent-quality head strap (provides snug fit and highly adjustable)
- Headlamp housing is made of lightweight plastic.
- Because of its material, it may eventually wear off when constantly exposed to rain and sweat
The V800 by Vitchelo provides similar quality to other lamps you might own between the $20 and $30 price range. It gives more than enough illumination you need it for around the campsite or when on the trail. However, if you are looking for maximum brightness and will need this continuously for several hours, then this might disappoint you as its batteries tend to drain too quickly. On the other hand, if you are looking for a headlamp that can give you excellent lighting for multiple shorter instances of use, then this option may even be better than those that you can see at this price point.
5) Headlamp, Super Bright LED Headlamps 18650 USB Rechargeable IPX4 Waterproof Flashlight with Zoomable Work Light, Hard Hat Light for Camping, Hiking, Outdoors
- Lifespan reach up to 100,000 hours
- Brightness up to 1,800 lumens
- 3-in-1 Multi-Function Capability
- Zoomable and adjustable
- Three Modes Low, mid, and strobe
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 4.8 x 3 inches
- Item weight: 0.3 lbs
If you are still holding on to your flashlight for your lighting needs, then you are missing out on a reliable tool that can help you immensely carry out your after-dark tasks. With its 1,800-lumen brightness and lifespan of up to 100,000 hours, the GRDE zoomable LED headlamp provides excellent, sustainable lighting to help you effortlessly pitch your tent on a moonless night. Its 3-in-1 multi-function design helps you maximize your camping trip.
- Head straps give comfortable and snug fit
- Battery housed in a sturdy casing
- Extremely bright light
- Heavy duty
- Convenient: USB rechargeable
- Zoom feature allows you to focus your light on a smaller area and widen it for outdoor use
- Poor design: you may have to wrap Gorilla tape around to hold batteries in place
- Charger cord is too short-- runs the risk of being stepped on since you have no choice but to leave it charging on the floor
If you're headed to spend a night or two in the wilderness, this zoomable headlamp by GRDE can give you the most of what you need. Is this product perfect? Definitely not. The manufacturer has a lot to improve as far as its design is concerned. But given its convenience and what it can do versus its price, this is still a steal.
6) InnoGear 5000 Lumens Headlamp LED Flashlight Bright Headlight Torch with Rechargeable Batteries and Wall Charger for Hiking Camping Riding Fishing Hunting
- Max output up to 5,000 lumens
- Rechargeable battery
- Four working mode: high/ middle/ low/ flashing
- 90°rotatable, waterproof and heatproof.
- Up to four to six hours working time under full charge
- Product Dimensions 4.8 x 4.4 x 3.9 inches
- Item Weight: 0.65 lbs
Your camping checklist won't be complete with the InnoGear Max Bright Headlight. It is designed to make sure you don't get stuck or injured when trudging through the dark. It's 5,000 lumens, so you can never underestimate how useful it can be especially when you plan on hiking away from your camp.
- Memory feature (turns on where you left it)
- Impressive illumination distance and width
- Blindingly bright
- Powered by rechargeable batteries-- convenient
- Heavy duty
- Battery drains pretty quickly
- A bit bulky and heavy
Pictures don't do this product any justice-- the lights shown aren't as impressive as they actually are. However, this is a 5,000-lumen headlamp, so do expect it to be on the bulky side. This product is highly recommended for as long as you recharge the batteries consistently. It can last you up to five days of very heavy duty use.
7) Wsky GDA-A01 5500 LM 3T6 LED 4-Mode Outdoor Headlamp Flashlight
- 5,500 lumens
- Durable aluminium alloy crust
- Four to seven times working time when fully charged
- One-button switch supports four brightness modes
- Voltage: 3.7 volts
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 4 inches
- Item Weight: 0.6 lbs
If you are an outdoor enthusiast, then you know exactly that it takes more than just a tent and a campfire for you to be able to survive through the night in the wilderness. Don't ever pack your gear without the 5,500-lumen headlamp by Wsky. Its red light on the back of its battery holder gives you increased visibility in all directions, so you are sure of your and your loved ones safety in low light conditions.
- Superb, well-focused lighting
- Amazing longevity
- Easy to adjust lamp holder and head strap to suit your needs
- Irradiation range is 2.5 times better than ordinary headlamps
- Water-, weather- and abrasion-resistant
- Multi-purpose, very useful
- Comes with a red warning taillight
- Drains batteries fast
For optimized efficiency and convenience all throughout your camping trip, this product is your no-nonsense lighting solution. This is especially recommended for those who have young children with them. Don't hesitate to bring it even on a bad weather-- its weather-resistant feature will surely come in handy.