15 Amazing Pictures of Full Moons at Night.
A full moon comes once every 29 days. And if you are in the right place at the right time, it can be quite a spectacle. Here are 15 fantastic pictures of people at the right place and the right time when a full moon occurred.
1) This full moon over Taygetos Mountain in Greece was captured by Panagiotis Nikolakakos.
2) Orange-colored full moon over Tropicana Field in Florida. Photo credit.
3) Full moon rising over the Swiss Alps. Photo credit.
4) This powerful image, captured by John Stanmeyer, won the World Press Photo of the Year award. This picture was taken on the shore of Djibouti city, 13 miles from the Somalia border. Although it looks like these Africans are taking selfies, they are actually trying to search for inexpensive cell signal to call their relatives abroad. Contest jury member Jillian Edelstein said “[i]t’s a photo that is connected to so many other stories — it opens up discussions about technology, globalization, migration, poverty, desperation, alienation, humanity.”
5) A full moon captured over Christchurch Airport in New Zealand. Photo by Henrico Prins.
8) Full moon rising over the Grand Canyon. Photo credit.
9) Full moon over the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City. Photo credit.
10) Full moon over Golden Gate Bridge. Photo credit.
11) A full moon captured in Hong Kong, with reflection of the architecture seen in the South China Sea. Photo credit: Trey Ratcliff.
12) A full moon just barely visible over Paradise Pier in Disneyland. Photo credit.
13) A full moon over Channelside in Tampa, Florida. Photo credit: Matthew Paulson.
14) A full moon rising over Lake Worth Lagoon in Florida. Photo Credit: Kim Seng.
15) A full moon rising over the Bangkok skyline. Photo credit: Nagaraju Hanchanahal.